Monday, November 3, 2008

Special Olympics Scarf Project

So, I started making a scarf for the Special Olympics scarf project. It's going to be done in P2K2 ribbing with my favorite size 10 needles. A bit large for the worsted weight yarn, but it'll be nice.

The yarn they require is also fairly inexpensive; I picked mine up at Walmart. It's the Red Heart Supersaver yarn, so it's not supernice to work with, but it's functional.

The pattern is simple enough that I can knit it while I'm watching a movie or in the car (I don't have to fully concentrate on what I'm trying to do), but it's also not your everyday garter stitch all the way across for a few hundred rows. That would be boring.

What's really awesome is that they give each of the athletes a handmade scarf.

If you're interested, here's the link to the site about the scarves.

I'll be taking mine on the car ride I'm going on this Thursday and hopefully I'll get a good portion of it done. A good four hours of knitting never did anyone harm, did it?

No comments: