Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hats, Hats, Hats

For the HLBOES, Andromeda and I had a duel and we each had to make a Dobby Hat. I made hers in Gryffindor colors and she made mine in Slytherin colors. I recieved hers in the mail today, along with a gummy snake and a set of US size 8 circular needles, perfect for working on another SPEW hat whilst my Fair Isle projects take up my other set of circulars. ^_^

Just a personal note, but I think those colors are some of the ugliest two I've ever seen together. I am not meaning offense to people who happen to like orange, but orange doesn't seem to go well with light blue/purple/whatever that color is supposed to be.

And I don't know what that means for the HLBOES HoH duel, but I guess we'll have to wait for Grandma and Pren to decide that. And I hope Andromeda likes what I put in her package, too. :)

So I think I shall be starting a second SPEW hat, similar pattern to my first one, only I'll be donating it locally this time. We're having a local warm clothing drive at my school, so I think it might be nice to knit something for them.

And now I am off to knit and watch a movie... and I'll be knitting while watching a documentary with some friends tonight. I just need to keep my hands busy or else I'll start chattering, which would be utterly rude. I'll probably end up taking my Special Olympics Scarf to work on.

No comments: