Sunday, October 26, 2008

List of Skills to Learn

1. Cabling: No seriously... I've started to cable, but I'd like to get a lot better at it. I'm currently using a dpn instead of a cable needle and it's worked thus far. I'm doing a left-twisted cable for the bag for Cassandra.

2. I-Cord: So many things call for an i-cord and I don't think it'll be that difficult. At least I hope it won't. Apparently I was supposed to start with an i-cord for Severus, but I kind of missed that part. Oh well, I'll just have to do some more work at the end to make sure his stuffing doesn't fall out.

3. Duplicate Stitch: This is quite important for color-work. I'm doing a duplicate stitch for the bag I'm making for Cassandra (hoorah for new skills all in one project!).

4. Intarsia: Perhaps Intarsia would be a better choice for the colorwork I'm doing on this project, but duplicate stitch is easier to understand.

5. How to Follow a Pattern: This one should be self-explanatory. Unless I'm intent on doing everything by my own patterns (hahaha), I should really get better at following a pattern someone else has written. Especially when it comes to socks.

6. Socks! I really, really, really want to learn how to make socks. *loves*

7. Fair Isle: Another colorwork technique that I'd love to learn. There are so many beautiful projects using this technique that I would love to be able to do.

No comments: